September 22, 2013 § 2 Comments
Most people who aren’t consistent with their blog posts will say that they’ve been incredibly busy… Not me. The lack of business actually has kept me away from blogging. Who wants to hear about me spending my days with a ginger tabby, a mug full of tea and Netflix?
Summer’s winding down and instead of trying to busy myself trying to get the last few bits out of life, I’ve been enjoying the art of doing nothing. My favorite thing to do as of late are shopping. Clothes, groceries, school supplies… you name it and I’ve probably bought it. It’s an addiction.
My newest favorite toy as of late is my phone. I finally have stepped into the world of iPhones and I never want to look back. I’m a convert. I’ve been diligent about taking photos… a lot of them. Even about mundane things. So here’s what I’ve been into lately…
I’m hoping to step out of my shell that I call my apartment and into the real world tomorrow or some time before Thursday. So… there will be something to look forward to!
Until next time.
September 8, 2013 § 3 Comments
I got nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by Kate of Cuffed Jeans and the Boots With the Heels, a girl who has an awesome sense of style. Thanks Kate (:
This tag calls for seven things about me and tagging fifteen other bloggers. So let’s get started!
1. I’m a yoga fanatic. I do yoga at least once every day but I’ve been doing it twice a day as of late! Yoga IS “me” time.
2. I used to find that accessories were too superfluous. But now I just want to buy all of the rose gold midi rings and necklaces I can get my hands on. I even own a watch now… cool.
3. Music is my first true love. I used to play alto saxophone in high school. I used to be quite good (in my opinion) but I stopped practicing.
4. I’m practically like a fish out of water. I drink water constantly. I get slightly panicked when I go places without water and I start running through the symptoms of dehydration in my head.
5. The majority of my friends in college are boys. I don’t know how to speak to girls my age that I’ve never met before. Is that weird? I’m trying to change that.
6. I used to be quite introverted as a child. College came and I was a huge extrovert whilst I lived in the dorms. But now I seem to be a hybrid… like an extrovert in an introvert’s clothing.
7. I made an Instagram exclusively for yoga, my cat, and the food I eat. I probably won’t be able to resist posting pictures of my OOTDs and what I’m doing what not. You can find me on Instagram at @catssicaa
Now for the bloggers I tag!
1. Melissa of The Fashion Huntress
2. Nikki of Live.Love.Yoga
3. Meg of No Socks Yoga
4. Amanda of ANguyen
5. Ariel of Ariel Wang
6. The lovely lady of Fashion for Lunch
7. Jessica of lazyweirdo
8. Kellie Van of Le Zoe Musings
9. Katie of Curled Fantasies
10. Eveline of Fashtonishing
11. Kate of Kate Styled Pretty
12. Elif of The Fashion Medley
13. Amy of Vintage Reflections
14. Melanie of Lace and Combat Boots
15. Kirin of ClosetCast
August 11, 2013 § 8 Comments
I’ve been home for a full week now and I only have one week left. I’ve been relaxing in the comforts of the home I grew up in. I’ve been really happy. I’m currently taking yoga classes at this amazing studio that only offers heated classes (ranging from vinyasa to power, and of course, bikram). I’m definitely seeing some results with my mood and fitness (even if I have bad days, I’m grateful I get to practice).
I spent a really great day trip with my family yesterday in Mendocino County. I wrote about this charming region in California in an article on Trekity, Four Secret Ways to Explore Mendocino County. Going there was high on my list of priorities to say the least.
The drive going there and the local sights were so beautiful. I am also convinced that just about everything is much more beautiful when things are just barely waking up.
We went on a ride on the world famous Skunk Train, walked around Glass Beach, and went to see some historical artifacts at the Guest House Museum. I wish I got to stay for longer! Next time, I’m definitely going kayaking.
Long sleeve shirt from Free People | Tights are by Champion | Sneakers are from Puma | Windbreaker-type jacket from a gift shop for the Skunk Train by Cheneral
This is in no way a perfect expression of vrksasana. Don’t be fooled by my smile. I’m absolutely terrified of somehow falling into the ocean in this picture (which is something that would happen to me). The kid behind me was so brave. He was jumping and running around the rocks at Glass Beach as if he had spent his whole life there.
Anyway, thanks for reading! Until next time.
July 28, 2013 § 2 Comments
This past Friday was the last day of volunteering for the international students program and all of the students from Taiwan, China, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, and Mexico had to leave.
It was quite gloomy and humid with on and off rain which was fitting for the circumstances.
Top from the Philippines | Maxi skirt from Goodwill | Shoes (not pictured) are from a brand called Chinese Laundry
I’m a bit stuck in my seat right now to take a picture of my shoes but here is what I’ve been enjoying today…
This is by far my favorite green drink. It’s not made of a bunch of vegetables but instead it’s made of raw kombucha and some super foods. The taste does take some getting used to but I always feel amazing after I finish it even the day after. I’m also in the process of tasting the other flavors but this is by far my favorite.
So I guess that’s it! I’ll leave you with some pictures of me and some of the students I’ve had the pleasure of laughing with.
Until next time! ❤
July 7, 2013 § 9 Comments
Today was a pretty easy and relaxed day. I got up and did yoga in the morning which has made me feel a lot more energized and happy. I’m just ecstatic about practicing yoga again.
White top is from Free People | Shorts are from the Rose Bowl Flea Market | Espadrilles are a gift from the Philippines | Bag is from DSW
I especially love the mesh cut outs on the front and back of this top from Free People. I think it makes the whole outfit seem just a smidge more ethereal and whimsical. I’ve noticed that I’ve had a real pattern in clothes lately: white top and blue jeans or shorts as bottoms. I don’t know what it is! I think I’m just in love with the color combination more so than usual.
I’ve also decided to accessorize today with these babies…
Rose gold pretzel-knot heart ring from Brandy Melville | gold rings from H&M
Today, as I said, was pretty relaxed. I ate lunch at a very yummy sandwich place in Downtown. It’s called Simple Simon’s and I highly recommend going there. It’s just absolutely amazing. And healthy!
When I came home, I had to say my goodbyes to my boyfriend for the weekend. But I was happily greeted by a package from my mom. It was filled with one guilty pleasure and two useful things.
I told my mom I was going to be getting back into swimming laps and what not this weekend. Thus explains the goggles and swim cap this weekend. I’m very excited to swim some glorious laps at the pool downstairs. I’ll probably treat myself to those cheese curls every once in a while. A girl’s got to eat! (;
Until next time!
June 28, 2013 § Leave a comment
It’s been hot here in Riverside. But I can’t seem to let go of wearing jeans! They’re so comfy. Here’s what I wore the other day as I didn’t have the time to take a picture of my outfit yesterday. I also realize that this is the first picture I’m posting of my face(even if you can’t really see it well), so hello!
Liz Claiborne bag | Levi’s Skinny Boyfriend Jeans | Basic scoop neck tee from Old Navy
Yesterday, I went thrifting with my boyfriend at our local Savers. We spent two hours there, perhaps even more. There were a couple good things for the ladies but I wasn’t much up for scouring the racks because I had told myself to stay true to my $20 budget. My boyfriend, however, found a bunch of stuff and walked away from our little excursion with two big bags filled with goodies. I think we might even be going back on Monday because it’ll be 50% off all clothing items… We’re addicted.
Here is what I thrifted…
- The floppy(?) hat has no brand and it was $1.99 which I thought was a total steal! It doesn’t fit perfectly around my head because I have a huge head of hair. But, that didn’t keep me from buying it.
- The oversized polka dot shirt is from a brand called Karen Scott was $4.99. I decided to cut around three inches off the bottom to accommodate my size.
- The pants are from Levi’s, super high waisted, and could be worn as boyfriend jeans because of the way the ankle is cut. It only cost me $4.99! But I’m still contemplating if I should keep them the way they are or turn them into shorts.
- Finally, my pride and joy, the pleated skirt. I’ve been looking for the perfect pleated skirt for what seems like forever. This is from a brand called Angel and was the most expensive item I bought at $7.99.
I signed up or bloglovin’ so please, follow my blog with Bloglovin! I also plan on posting something about how my room is set up over the summer. So, stay tuned for that. Until next time :3
June 26, 2013 § Leave a comment
As the title of this post says, I got the job! Earlier this month I applied to what seems like a million internships and today, I landed one. I am now an intern for a travel blog called Trekity. Trekity is a daily travel blog for women and it’s a great source of inspiration on just about anything travel related.
I may be an unpaid intern but I am so excited to devote my time to this because it’ll be such a great experience and opportunity to grow as a person and a writer. Please go to Trekity’s website and check it out! I promise you won’t be disappointed (this is a shameless plug but… JUST TRUST ME).
In other news, I finally moved into my home for the summer this past weekend. I’m gonna be cleaning and reorganizing it until it look the way I like this weekend. I may not be going to school this summer but I am going to try and be as busy as possible!
The best thing about college is that there are so many opportunities to explore, try new things, and broaden one’s horizon. My only regret thus far is not taking advantage of this fact sooner!